Saturday, August 2, 2008

The moment of waiting for business

As I often have wondered, why does it take some people like myself of course to fit in with the crowd. having grown up in the 1950s I can truly see that times have changed. sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worst. as I travel from city to city and town to town, I see the make up of various business tactics.
in many african american operated businesses there is alot of vast discrimination in the system.
and this has been going on for many, many years. the sad thing is that there is no end to this community unfairness. I have gone as far as bringing in the poorest of poor people who were in my opinion very smart people they were just placed on the back burner. and fell through the cracks as they were lacking the skills needed to get jobs and housing, to create a business is a good thing but when you are trying to promote your business, it is hard to reach many people.
so how do you reach a audience that fears their own community. how do you curve this hate or jealousy maybe.
trying to create good relations is very important, but it is often very hard to do this with your own race. especially amongst african americans. we have such a violent streak of hate within us
that the anger and rage will make us take a life without question.
so how do we create good business relations. within the african american community. without all of the rage within us. for this moment of waiting for business can be both frustrating and confusing. I created Division One International. a business that I am very proud to have.
I listen to people who are unemployed and homeless, I listen to their struggles. and I try to be very compassionate to their needs. waiting for business and how often disappionting that it can be. with the opportunity that you have created for people is something tyhat you should be fond of. but what about the people who will not respond to your offers.
I often ask myself would I have done better if I have been a main stream business.

No comments: